Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This Is A Bug, Right?

Every time I zoom in or out in InDesign, the page that comes up on my monitor is the middle of the document. For example, I'm working on something on page 54 of a 400-page document. I even have an item selected, so clearly that's the page I want to be on. Then, zoom and--zoom!--I'm on page 200.

This happens with command-hyphen and command-equals only, not the magnifying glass, so it has to be a bug, right? It is no help at all!

And guess what? If I hit the arrow keys or type something (to force InD to bring me back to page 54 where I'm working), it doesn't bring me back. But it does make the changes. I should NEVER be able to alter a page I'm not looking at.

Thankfully the pages pallette does not jump, so I can see the highlighted icon of the page I'm actually on there, but I still gotta navigate back.

Is this post less shrill? I'm trying to be less shrill and maybe even move toward actually being useful. Lord only knows to whom.

No comments: