Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Am Human After All

So last night there was nothing on TV (or so it seemed at first -- turns out "Big" was being replayed on Chanlle 13 -- so good!) so I did a little iPhone app installing. I tried the NY Times app, Facebook, Rotary Dialer, Twitterific, and Jott.

Within half an hour I'd deleted all of them except Facebook. I know, I know -- the iPhone is essentially moving towards being a computer platform (so much more than a phone!), but seriously. I love analog machinery as much as the next guy but Rotary Dialer is clever but completely useless because you have to know the number you're dialing. Jott requires you to open an account and I have no interest in that. NY Times is slow and not really very personalizable and who wants to read the paper on the phone anyway. (On the other hand, if I could call the Times and have someone read the paper to me . . . ) Twitterific is a flawed from the start because it's connected to Twitter, which is nigh on pointless except for wasting time at work when I'm at my real computer.

Luckily, it only took half an hour to learn all this.

No comments: